I love a good Sunday snack platter!
Usually on weekends I’m running around like a mad woman, and then at about 2.00pm discover that I haven’t had anything to eat. This is usually when the Rosco starts to chill too and we get to spend some time together.
In warmer weather, we love sitting in our outdoor area with some music on. In cooler weather, we’re usually inside watching the football (I much prefer the warmer weather option!).
Way back when, they used to all be about the cheese and chips and other unhealthiness, but these days I’m loving more fruit and veggies and nuts, and it doesn’t give me that heavy feeling.
Sometimes the platters are huge, sometimes they’re teeny tiny.
Chickpeas are such a wonderful option to add to a dip, and there are SO many things you can add to hummus, but sometimes you just want something that tastes a little different.
This recipe for Chickpea and Olive Dip is a bit of a happy medium between a hummus and an olive tapenade.
- ⅓ cup black olives, sliced
- 125g tin chickpeas
- 2 Tablespoons olive brine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon (or one small lemon)
- 1 small garlic clove (optional)
- Add the olives, brine, chickpeas, juice of the lemon and finely sliced garlic clove to the food processor (I can't live without my mini food processor these days!). Blend for a few moments until the mixture is broken up and then add the olive oil and continue blending.
- At first the mixture might look quite chunky, but keep blending, scraping down the sides, and then blending again, until the mixture is fully blended and a smooth paste.
- If it looks particularly dry to you, add a touch of water and then keep blending (and then a touch more if you need to), but remember to only add small amounts at a time as you don't want to overdo it.
Do you have any weekend routines?