Does your heart long for a baby to call your own but it’s just not happening for you?
If trying to have a baby is more of a nightmare than a dream…
If you’ve spent hours by the toilet crying over negative pregnancy tests and wondering what the heck you’re going to do…
If you’ve found yourself thrust into the world of fertility treatments, nobody else seems to get it (including your partner!) and you need someone who can help guide you through…
Then you’ve come to the right place.
Sometimes, life throws us curve balls.
I know, because I’ve been there. As 2012 began, so did our baby-making plans. Over the course of that year, I found myself feeling desperate and alone, as each month I suffered through yet another negative pregnancy test. I was driven to near insanity wondering what the heck we were doing wrong, and being constantly obsessed with where I was at in my cycle and obsessively taking pregnancy tests, as if the more I took them, the more likely it was that one would just show those two pink lines.
On Valentine’s Day in 2013, we admitted defeat as we walked into our first appointment with the fertility specialist, and thus began a whirlwind of tests and fertility treatments, as we frantically did cycle after cycle, desperate to race against the clock and fall pregnant. There was no smoking gun, but there was also no positive pregnancy test and I felt like I had taken just about as much as I could take, so we forged ahead and found ourselves in the throes of IVF.
On my first cycle, I suffered a moderate case of OHSS… and then my world stopped when I fell pregnant only to discover it wasn’t viable and I’d need to have a medical miscarriage. That was my rock bottom.
Through that experience, I learnt not only a great deal about fertility, but about myself. I had to pick myself up and carry on. I developed a rock solid inner strength…. and discovered a passion to help other women through the baby making minefield.
In everything I do at Modern Day Missus, I never want anyone to go through or feel the way I felt. I want women to fall pregnant sooner and to share what I’ve spent years now learning.
The blog itself has a number of articles, but you can also find me on iTunes and other areas at the Fertility Warriors Podcast, and you can also find me in our closed Facebook Group, and on this site, you can also purchase my books – Screw Infertility (my story in detail) and my latest creation, Fertility Warrior in the Kitchen.
What can I help with?
We are all at different stages of our fertility journey and all need different support. So, I’ve put some links below to help you find what you need quicker.
Getting pregnant 101
- Downloadable Ovulation/Basal Body Temperature Tracker (free)
- 8 things you need to know about ovulation
- 5 ways to get pregnant sooner
Help managing the stress of infertility
- My story of infertility, IVF and the miscarriage that brought me to my knees.
- My fertility story (podcast)
- Stop telling me to stop stressing!
- When life doesn’t go to plan
- 7 things to do when you’ve had a crap day
- Managing the stress of infertility
- How I got happy in 30 seconds
Infertility, IVF and other fertility treatments
- 11 questions to ask your fertility specialist (podcast here and blog post here)
- Whether or not to tell people about your infertility
- 11 ways to keep the spark in your relationship during fertility treatments
- 41 truths about infertility
- Everything you need to know about Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
- 5 tips for your egg retrieval
- How do you know when to give up trying for a baby
- Why you don’t want to tell people you have infertility
- Perth Fertility Clinic Directory
Health and Wellness
- The toxic ingredients in your beauty products
- The awkward acupuncture appointment
- 5 realistic ways to reduce the chemicals in your life
- How to read food labels
- 8 reasons to see a naturopath
- An ode to vinegar and bicarb
Food & Fertility
- Help! I’m not falling pregnant. Now what can I do?
- My book: Fertility Warrior in the Kitchen
- My beef with Nat Kringoudis
- Sugars explained
- To soy or not to soy
Subscribe to Modern Day Missus.
It’s free and you’ll receive access to my library of fertility documents including my guide on how to survive infertility, strategies to manage those stressful days, my BBT tracker, and you’ll also get the inside scoop, plus exclusive subscriber only discounts and giveaways.
Click here to subscribe (I usually send a newsletter once a fortnight)