Happy Meatless Monday!
Today I thought I’d share with you my go-to lunchtime option at work.
This is a pic of my lunch today, at my desk (boooooo), a lunchtime rice bowl.
Here is a bit of background info on this one:
- I don’t usually eat lunch at my desk, but I had a meeting run late and then there was nobody left in the lunchroom, so I thought I’d much rather spend my break writing!
- Rice works for me because if I eat more than a piece or two of bread in a day, I start to feel a bit bloated, and if I’m honest… a little bit gassy
- I don’t do cold lunches…. unless it is 40 degrees outside. Yes I know everyone talks about microwaves as being bad, but yep, I probably use one most days at work for lunch
- If you’ve ever seen me before work, you’ll know I am running around like a mad woman, so this lunch works for me because I can chuck a whole bunch of things in a bag and basically make everything when I get to work
So, instead of an ingredients list and method, let me just give you a bit of a low down on the scenario
Must include items
- Brown rice (because brown tastes so much better in this recipe) – I use the microwave ones that heat up in like 45 seconds
- Kidney Beans (a mini tin)
What else did I add?
- Sesame seeds
- Pepitas/ Pumpkin Seeds
- Chilli Flakes
- Sun dried tomatoes (the kind with no manky herbs on – the herbs ruin it for me)
What else could you add
- Nori /Seaweed
- Fresh chopped up chilli
- Sunflower seeds
- Flax seed oil
So basically, at work I keep some brown rice and mini tins of beans in my desk drawer, as well as a jar of sun-dried tomatoes. This morning before I left, I got a container and whacked in all the rest.
At work I chopped the sun dried tomatoes and avocado, chucked it all in a bowl and microwaved for about 1 minute.
Enjoy your Monday!