June is a pretty special month around here.
Two years ago, I wasn’t a vegan. I wasn’t even a vegetarian. Crazy huh?
But, two years ago in June, I read two books that sparked a huge change in my entire life.
I wrote a (very long-winded) post about it here.
One year ago, at about this time of the year, I finally took the plunge and became a vegan, and I haven’t looked back.
So, I’m celebrating. Here’s why:
- I’ve found a lifestyle that makes me truly happy. I’ve found a diet that works for me. I don’t count calories, I don’t wish myself skinnier, I don’t feel guilty when I eat chocolate, and it has led me to discover other wonderful ways to help the planet and seek inner peace and happiness. It is so liberating to find what works for you. Yay!
- I’ve discovered a passion. Writing this blog is exciting. I love bringing you new recipes and info I’ve discovered and I love learning about photography. Yay!
- I’ve found a community. I’ve met (some in person, others just online) so many awesome people, from not only Perth, but interstate and overseas. Not everyone is vegan. Not everyone has a blog, but isn’t it wonderful to come across like-minded people in this world? Yay!
So, I’m bringing you a week of giveaways.
I didn’t want to bunch them all together, because some have different areas, and because I wanted to spread the love around!
The first give away is from Alter Eco, and they’ve kindly given us two packs – one for US readers (because I know I have a lot of readers from there) and another for Aussie readers.
I’m quite partial to dark chocolate.
I’m not so into lollies, and I don’t really drink, but put a piece of dark chocolate in front of me, and oh my. It’s my little indulgence.
My local IGA stocks Alter Eco chocolates, and unlike other brands, there are quite a few flavours that are vegan. It’s always nice to have a bit of a choice!
Plus the philosophy of the company is one I applaud. They’re all about fair trade. They have a small group of farmers and they use sustainable farming practices and pay a fair price to their farmers. They’re also organic. You can read more about it here.
Um, and they’re delicious.
I really like the plain, 85% dark chocolate. So rich and decadent. Rosco (which surprised me) recently declared that he is now a fan of dark chocolate and his favourite chocolate of all time is their mint chocolate. Way to go Rosco!
So, for the first celebration of the week, here I have a give away for US readers, and another for Aus readers.
- 2 of their newest chocolate bars (Dark Salted Brown Butter and Deep Dark Sea Salt),
- 1 Dark Quinoa bar
- 1 85% Blackout bar
- 2 boxes of our chocolate truffles (Dark Black Truffles and Dark Velvet Truffles),
- 1 bag of rainbow quinoa,
- 1 bag of Ruby Red rice
*Two of the items in the pack are not vegan. If you’re vegan and you win, let me know and I’ll mention that when giving your details so hopefully they can sub it*
- 4 chocolate bars
- 2 boxes of truffles
- 1 bag of quinoa
- 1 bag of rice
Over the week I’ll bring you more giveaways including:
- A month of superfood smoothie powders from The Prospect Project (Perth readers)
- A ticket to the Health and Wellness Forum in Perth in July (Anyone who will be in Perth in July)
- A Synthesis Organics Pack – a tea and an auric mist – this brand is one of my new favourites! (Aussie readers)
- The Green Smoothies App from Ascension Kitchen – I have five to give away (Anywhere!)
Stay tuned, good luck!